I created three more little match box 'love shrines' this evening...so much fun, and so easy to make. These are for our granddaughters...they love little boxes ( and are old enough now that nothing goes in the mouth except food...lol). I added my own embellishments to these quick and easy little box wrappers - seed beads, beadazzles, poetry beads, heart charms, glitter, miniature playing cards and etc.
I put one of the little match boxes on wooden bead 'feet' (adhered with Golden's regular gel), and painted the underside and sides of the box red.
DO play with match BOXES! I had a wonderful and peaceful afternoon yesterday making up these delightful match box creations from Ten Two Studios.
Iadded my own little touches...glass beads, glittery stuff, and little drawer knobs. The cover of the box with the French coiffed madame is a cigarette card. For the drawers, I added: a tiny Asian text stab-bound book, some pretty glass beads in reds and silvers and black, and a remnant of a vintage glass bead necklace.
I love the little kits...they even have a card to personalize the match box art !
Yes indeed! Here's my journal spread on President Obama - an image of him (my gesso and permanent pen over a news photo), and then my handwriting plus newspaper copy of his inauguration speech. I created the pull-out for the speech, instead of using several pages that needed to be turned. I also added my 'waste' fabric to fill up the last empty page - this is a piece of fabric I used to wipe excess paint and stamping ink on...to keep it from going down the drain, and to have the fabric for background. So the last page reflects the first. A spirit of inclusiveness and a country of many colors.
(I sealed the ppa adhesive and acrylic paints with PYM II - I really like this stuff, though I do apply it outdoors to avoid any fumes in the house and my lungs...even though I use the hand-pump aerosol, there are still some fumes.)
The young boy image on left is from 'Thelzeda's Album' image CD from Ten Two Studios. I printed it with an inkjet printer, then sealed it with PYM2. (I use the non-aerosol finger pump can-it seals 'stuff that can run' really well!). The image on right is of the Rev. M.L.K., JR. - from the MLK museum.. part of the text of his 'I Have a Dream' speech of 1963 is in the background. (I graduated from high school in June of 1963....Pres. Kennedy attended my senior prom - I was full of dreams!) ...and I am still full of dreams...dreams lead to action...actions lead to a life in full!
Continuing in my big fat sketchbook/journal "Dare To Dream", is this 2-page spread. I created the background as a mixed collage of paper and fabric scraps, adhered with PPA. ( I partly dried this with my heat gun, then placed waxed paper between and behind each page, and pressed the journal closed.) When dry , I solidified the colors with Adirondack color wash "Rust", which after spraying on, I smeared around with a damp ( clean, of course!) fragrance free baby wipe. I then stenciled on 2" circles in pale lime acrylic paint, and pasted the 1-inch Edwardian rounds by Ten Two Studios in the center of each circle. I then went about painting the stems with 2 different greens and one tan color, then the daisies, with four layers of dry-brushed paint (white, magenta, white, baby blue), and daubed the centers with yellow, accenting the faces with Jacquard's lumiere paint (Halo Pink Gold). In free hand, I wrote the phrase with permanent marker ( I dreamed the daisies came to life, and danced in the light of the moon.), underlining with white acrylic paint. final accenting of the flowers was with a pale sparkly glitter glue.
This sketchbook page faces the 'Roses' page, shown in post below. I painted the background with inexpensive lime green acrylic paint, and then doodled away some thoughts.
Someone asked me about the sturdiness of these journal pages.
The paper is quite nice, but I always glue two pages together in
journals , not only for extra strength, but the acrylic adhesive keeps
anything 'wet' from seeping through to the other side.
and spread it horizontally and vertically with the larger flat end of
the bottle, and then wipe it thinly to all edges with an old credit
card...and then adhere the facing page to it....brayer it flat and
press...makes a wonderful substrate!