I've decided to post my Zombie Scrapbook pages, a day at a time...which will take awhile...I'll be posting other things as well...but since not everyone will/can take the time to go to my website to see ALL the images, thought I'd spread the cheer of Zombie Life here. All paper imagery is from Ten Two Studios...I created this for the Design Team Challenge for October.. (click image to enlarge).
Today I led a really fun class in beeswax/encaustics collage. We made these small books by cutting a 5"X7" canvas in half, so the books are 5" H X 3.5"W. Here are our four books (with hands on!)
Below are the front and back covers of mine....(in the above image, alas, my book is upside down and backwards!...:)
I used a gift napkin from a swap, collaged to the canvas with pure beeswax, and embellished with encaustics and beeswax color blocks. We used glossy photo paper for the pages, waxing on the glossy side after doing quick acrylic glue and paper collage on the matte side. As the paper was standard 8.5"X11", we were able to cut 5 book pages per sheet- each book has ten pages. Each page has one side with wax art, the other with acrylic and paper, so that neither will stick to the other when the book is closed.
After punching holes in the covers and paper, we 'bound' them with metal rings. Fun!
Altered Book RR for Treasured Art Trends Group on Yahoo. This is Keri's book- based on the lyrics of Peggy Lee's song "I'm A Woman". I chose the lyrics: "If you come to me all hexed up, you know I'm gonna break the spell."
I used fave images from Ten Two Studios: These, these, these, and these. The background is from some of my shamefully large stash of art papers. I painted the borders of the pages and bench with water-soluble oil pastels. The rest of the painting is acrylics. I received a terrific white writing pen as a swap hostess prezzie- I was told it comes from 'Stampin' Up'. I love how it writes!
This is a book I've done for one AB RR I'm in - it gets sent out to the world later today - have three more pending....
The cover has a double microsope slide mailer and images from Ten Two Studios. I coated the images with a one-step clear crackle coating. The slide mailer, inside and out, has leftovers of my painted baby wipes.
This next image is the inside front cover- for the instructions...I have a large stash of 19th century piano music- and use it for many of my works- the real stuff- not copies. It's already aged and ready to go! Also- more leftovers of painted babywipes.
The theme is for anything that is music to our ears (or senses).
While working on a massive book project for my fave altered books group, I periodically take breaks. I create other book art. Here is a composition book altered cover I created last night. I used all fabric remnants for the collage, adhering them to the sanded cover with PPA. I then added the tiger image (cut directly from an old 'ChildCraft' book- artist unknown). I sprayed several dye inks onto the fabric, using a terra cotta Adirondack spray overall- then stamped the stars with ivory-colored acrylic paint, and added gold glass glitter throughout. I sealed it all first with PPA (matte) and when that was dry, did a final seal with PVA glue, which dries glossy. I avoid the tackiness of the dry PVA by applying a coat of MicroGlaze and buffing it to a shine.
The texture of this cover is thick, rough and VERY sturdy, plus it is water-resistant.