....those are the elements attached to the closure twine of this journal. :) I started this journal months ago - and just decided to get on with it and finish binding it. Glass beads and some of my Glitz-Oh!(tm) beads are attached to the spine with waxed linen. I covered the front with flannel, then the aqua paper, then painted the leaves, sewed it all on my machine, then attached it to the coverboard. After attaching it, I made 'faux' sewing lines in black all the way around the painted areas. I added circles and dots and a few collage elements - generally I had a ball making the cover!
The back is a bit less embellished. The closure includes 2 large wooden buttons. On the front button, I added a disc of curled papers which I pre-glued together before attaching to the button. Think quilling papers.
The coptic binding is with waxed linen. The journal is 11.5"H x 7.5"W x 1.75"thick. There are 10 signatures Each has a cover of mulberry papers in aqua, yellow and red, with the center sig. having an art paper cover in reds and yellows combined. There are three folded sheets of watercolor paper within each signature. The little wooden camel on the closure is from a necklace of my mother's.